Skip to content
- Walk early and late in the day if this is possible.
- Check the ground temperature where you walk – would you be happy temperature wise barefoot on it ?
- Man made surfaces can be dangerously hot for dogs.
- If your dog is hot DO NOT feed ice cubes or offer ice cold water – these will tell the body to heat up even further and can be extremely dangerous.
- If your dog is hot DO soak towelling with tepid water to wick away heat from his/her body and lay it on the floor or his bed. If you don’t want a wet floor or dog bed use one of our reversible MATS. Soak towelling side only and the waterproof side will prevent a wet slippery floor.
- Whilst it is extremely hot try the same method in your car. Use wet towelling or one of our waterproof/towelling reversible mats, towelling side up to help cool your dog on any essential journey.